Remembering the SAMR Model...we will be aiming to be actively creating (modifying and redefining) our own products to share information with the ipads (rather than just "playing games" with apps)...
Today's task/s: incorporating maths, writing, oral language, visual language...
- Use the camera to take 5-6 photos of 2-d shapes in the playground or classroom.
- Use the Skitch app to label the photos. Then you can use the photos from your PhotoStream or CameraRoll to...
- Create a Tellagami in which you verbally describe the attributes of one of the shapes you photographed.
- Your Tellagami can be saved to use as a video file (to upload to Vimeo* or You Tube), or shared to Facebook, Twitter etc (if you have activated those accounts) or sent as an email for further sharing via a laptop.
- Create a ShadowPuppet presentation about your shapes. - this can also be saved as a video to be shared in various ways**
- Create an Explain Everything or Show Me presentation about the shapes - also make into a video to share.
- Create a QR code for one of your presentations and share it to a blog or send it as an email to print - the ipad has a QR Creator app as well as a QR Reader app.
* from Vimeo or You Tube the video can be embedded into a blog for immediate sharing, or the URL link can be copied to use in a document or website eg a Facebook post
** The pupils and I usually set a criteria for the work that is to be shared - this often happens during the writing process that occurs before the app is used - we use the appropriate text type features to suit the purpose of our video and the audience that will be viewing it. This means that the pupils write a draft and peer check it against both the criteria of the text type eg an explanation as well as then having a criteria of what needs to be included when the writing is 'published' via the video app.
- I usually also set a time limit eg for an iMovie they are only allowed maybe 30 seconds of completed/edited video in which to share their message (iMovies that are too long will clog up the memory space of the ipad account)