|The wall display at the end of the term - most activities were digital and are on the pupil blogs.|
* We have a new school logo, slightly changed motto and vision statement.
* The logo has children with backpacks – in these backpacks they put their learning tools: we need to introduce these images and concepts and help the children embrace them as their own philosophy.
HOST CURRICULUM: HEALTH - target curriculum level: Three (Year Six pupils)
Understandings: (Big Ideas/Key Concepts)
- I am unique; so is everyone else.
- I have different strengths that complement the strengths of others.
- Making healthy choices helps my learning.
- Great learning happens in partnership.
- I am responsible for my own learning.
- We can create our own toolkit for learning: SMARTS, turn-ons/turn-offs,school vision/motto/quotes/values; personal learning goals, making healthy choices (relationships, attitude, food, exercise, hygiene, sleep), working in partnership with others.
Inquiry Skill: Thinking Key Competency: Managing myself Value: Self-responsibility
Strategy: Six Thinking Hats Blended Learning Opportunities: blogging, photos, tagxedo etc
|Some of the concepts: motto, vision, competencies, backpack (toolkit) for learning|
EXCITING NEW KNOWLEDGE
(Covering the information in the core knowledge to build up a base of understanding to help pupils learn the Big Ideas.)
Attitude - having an attitude that is positive and healthy is important:
- Here is a lesson plan from the Education World site that emphasises the importance of can-do statements in building self-belief - pupils can 'bury' their negative statements.
|What the competencies mean for us...|
|Showing we were lifelong learners with our activities at camp...|
Year Six Camp from Edendale Primary School on Vimeo.
Take Two News 2014 - Year Six Camp from Edendale Primary School on Vimeo.